Constructing the fretboard of Brian May's Red Special
This is a temporary list. I will create a more detailed description and include pictures when I have time.
Plan of Action
1. Draw a centre line down the wood.
2. Mark the first fret/nut position.
3. Draw/mark/scribe all the fret positions.
4. Check each fret position carefully.
5. Saw all the fret positions.
6. Cut the fretboard to the correct size (each end).
7. Glue the fretboard to the neck.
8. Radius the fretboard.
9. Re-saw the fret positions if needed.
10. Mark out the fret markers.
11. Round off the body end of the fretboard.
12. After applying the lacquer to the entire neck drill the holes for the fret markers.
13. Glue the mother-of-pearl fret markers into the fretboard.
14. Re-saw the fret positions if necessary.
15. Cut frets to correct length.
16. Round off the ends of each fret using a file.
17. Fix the frets into the neck using the best method for you.